EPISODE THREE: Three Kaoh Rongs and a Hali
Shocked faces. No Tony. Nuku can’t believe it. I am still in the foetal position.
Like a seasoned funeral director Probst moves on at breakneck speed and utters those unsettling words… Drop. Yo. Buffs.
The tribes are shaken up with the cookie not crumbling too favourably for some.
Nuku – Michaela, Sandra, Aubry, Malcolm, Varner and JT (Team JT’s Screwed)
Mana – Debbie, Hali, Sierra, Tai, Culpepper and Caleb (Team Kaoh Rong)
Tavua – Cirie, Sarah, Andrea, Zeke, Troyzan and Ozzy (Team Loud Shirts)
Sandra hopes her luck won’t change. Tai and Caleb kiss. Troyzan makes it super obvious he is on the outs. JT says something in that southern drawl of his.
Tribe swap. Luv the 2 into 3. It’s like the new Survivor thing. Luv Sierra Dawn Thomas “My Hearts Pounding” WHY? You’re not in trouble girl calm down, honestly, everyone is still distracted why you is here. I’m not sure what I think about one tribe “Starting Over” we saw what happend with that in Second Chance, I am also shocked at Malcoms shock with 2 to 3, he would have seen it before he is a fan, I watched his #survivor500 clip. Ow Caleb and Tai! I told you they would work the Bromance back into it and Tai gets his kiss. I mean I wouldn’t Kiss Caleb… he isnt my type.
I would. He is definitely my type. #moreforme
JT is shafted by the swap, ending up with the giant threat killers from Mana. Outnumbered 5-1 he sets to work. Channeling Christopher Walken and Robert Wagner, JT takes them out into the middle of the ocean!
With the majority at sea he darts back to find an idol. Varner gets his rocks off on JT’s sculduggery and marvels at the beauty of it all.
Varner is just brilliant, he has such ease and acceptance with the constant change of the game. I personally don’t think there has been someone so calm with change before Varner. I mean he has had this situation before, just this time he was lucky and didnt get on the “Start Over” Tavua. His confessionals are great and show how much of a grasp he has on the game. Luving him. JT’s distraction for the idol is brilliant. Such a good play, but as we all know its the “Time Away” that always raises suspicion. But the whole pliers thing, just brilliant. Then going through everyones bags hahahahahahahaahah.
I agree! I absolutely love Varner! He’s hilarious. I love how he can appreciate and laugh at the fact that JT left them out in the middle of the ocean. He loves it as much as we do.
Culpepper is not the hick we are use to: “I love antiquing”… “Monica bla bla bla”… uplifting music… what on earth are the edits trying to tell us? Monica 2.0 is keen for the Four Nuku to stay together. Caleb and Hali appear toast. Culpepper is switched on planting a seed of doubt in Tai’s head in about Caleb. Tai has flashbacks of betraying a friend. “Either way it’s going to hurt.” Tai reassures Caleb all is good.
WWMD, Decorate? Well apparently. Yeah Brad you’re amazing you hung balls in a tree. But so far my prayers have been answered, thank you baby lord jesus, and Culpepper has clearly learnt from the past and is bringing a new game. I’m still not going for you Culpepper, but I’m happy. For now. THEN! He goes and starts making moves to split up Tai and Caleb. I’m unhappy I didn’t see the scene where Culpepper fell down and bumped his head. Is Tai seriously going on about betraying “Friends” ummmmm hello we all watched your last game, I don’t know why you going on about it like its such a hard thing. Please. Go back to the chickens, otherwise SIA won’t come for tea again.
Can I change my winners pick to Brad? I’ve always liked Brad. No denying he has been impressive thus far. I think he is in it for the long-haul Craigos! So happy to see he is winning you over!
Ozzy goes into arrogant leader mode like only he can. “They can’t get rid of me yet”. Cool story. Cirie is a pig in shit with a swing of numbers going her way. Her and Ozzy pretend to kiss and make up. Andrea is certain that Troyzan goes first. Troyzan worries that he has the plague and sensing he might be a goner goes idol hunting. Instantly he is blessed by the ghost of Sting and The Police as he finds a message in a bottle… a clue to a hidden immunity idol! Hidden at the immunity challenge! Now I am starting to root for this goofball.
How is it in a swap my Queen Cirie is still on a tribe with Ozzy? Honestly Survivor Gods sometimes you are just bitches. But what I’m loving is the alliance between Zeke and Cirie seems to be getting stronger. YES PLEASE. I am so hoping both work together and go far. Zeke we have to watch out for though as we know he has already stated how he thinks Cirie is one of the most dangerous people out there, but I know my Queen will have her ear to the ground. Did Ozzy just class himself as a veteran? eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.
Ow and yes Troyzan you have the Plague, its called, NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH YOU AS YOU ARE A DICK… to say that Andrea hasn’t got a clue! Seriously? SERIOUSLY? God I hope she takes him out, has he not seen that chick play before? She is a demon.
Ok how does this happen? How is it that the Sierra Dawn Thomas’s and the Troyzan’s find the clues and shit! It’s Bullshit. At least this may bring out the arrogance of Troyzan and make him cocky. BYE FELICIA. PS
JT believes killing a goat will keep him safe. Right… JT catches a baby goat… No dear God no, leave the baby goat alone! Sandra has no soul and wants to eat the goats. You can kill Tony’s dreams Sandra but leave the cute baby animals out of this; thank Probst Tai or SIA isn’t on this tribe. They decide to kill a chicken because their lives don’t matter or their mother isn’t around.
I wouldn’t have even bothered going for the goats. What a waste of energy. Nobody is going to kill it. Yes they are starving but when your out there you still think twice about killing a chicken or a goat. Well besides Sandra, she wants to eat it but I love how she doesn’t put her hand up to kill it. Malcom speaks the truth, your hunger and watering mouth goes away when you are required to become the butcher, nobody wants to actually do it.
Is anyone else loving the whole ‘bring the sheeps to slaughter’ motif Sandra is getting?! It is such brilliant story-telling. I also loved how at the outset of the episode when Jeff does his whole ‘PREVIOUSLY on SURVIVOR’ spiel, he literally said ‘Sandra slayed.’ Hilarious! I did not however, enjoy watching the flashback to Tony’s torch being snuffed. #bringbacktony #TONYforthewinplease
Roll up, roll up, step right up to obstacle circus. This course looks like it will create an even playing field. 3 tribe mates are tied together, working together through obstacles, they grab a bucket to fill with water and make their way over a giant teeter totter… yes Jeff said giant teeter totter. Once getting over this they transfer the water to magically lower a gate made out of spare materials from the local Fijian arts and crafts store. The 3 remaining tribe members will solve a puzzle, the logo of the season. Troyzan notices that he can’t get the idol until the challenge is over, oh the drama!
- For Mana the Kaoh Rong 3 of Caleb, Tai and Debbie do the course. Hali, Culpepper, Sierra will do the puzzle.
- For Tavua Ozzy, Andrea, Sarah will use their physical prowess to duck and weave whilst Troyzan, Zeke and Cirie will colourfully arrange the pieces.
- For Nuku the challenge beasts Michaela, JT and Malcolm will tackle the course leaving Sandra, Varner and Aubry to bicker over designs.
In a ‘teeter tottering’ contest Nuku are first to the puzzle, closely followed by Tavua. Nuku’s early start gets them immunity and in the blink of an eye it is neck and neck between Team Kaoh Rong and Team Loud Shirts. In a nail biter Zeke and Cirie just get Tavua through!
Troyzan does his best bikram squat and nabs the idol without anyone knowing!
Reward – HOT SAUCE! Seriously. Damn that shit would go straight threw you. Hell who am I kidding, I love hot sauce and if I recieved a bottle in Samoa, I would have put it on everything and just dealt with the shits. Besides those hidious beans we had pretty much did the same thing. Or was that because Tegan didn’t cook them properly? I dunno but probs. Why was there only the one tribe that got a clue to an idol? MMMHHMMMMM I do have to admit though when Troyzan made his play, or “exhaustion”, to grab the idol I did have a laugh. It’s not a melodrama, geeze take a leaf out of Wentworth’s book. God he does seriously have a massive Survivor image of himself doesn’t he.
Vision of ships and sharks. Debbie says it’s either Caleb or Hali.Who would have thought that the tribe we haven’t seen anything about is going to tribal? Hali says she needs a miracle. Caleb’s scared.
Tai declares his love for Caleb. Sierra is scared of their bromance. Sierra and Tai have an eyebrow off. Debbie knows past relationships matter. Culpepper doesn’t want to be the chief so makes Tai call the shots. Smart. Culpepper turns the screws and plants another seed of doubt. Tai deals with this by exfoliating to extreme levels.
Again, her comes Culpepper. So while Hali is rambling on about the vote being between her and Caleb and the fact that Caleb is a challenge asset, what does she do to stay? Did I miss something. I dont like to say it but Hali has WWMD Bloody Culpepper to thank about that.
Aw Tai, he tries so hard to keep Caleb. look at him trying to casually inform everyone that Caleb is a challenge asset. Is he exposing himself as a non challenge asset in doing so?
Debbies confessionals are, as expected, great. I luv how she has approached this game without her previous games connections in play. She is even calling out others who she played with as targets. She is being smart here. People have already drawn ties between Caleb, Tai and Debbie due to Koah Rong. However she is distancing herself from that tie by happily cultivating the others names for the vote. I think its actually brilliant with Debbie being in a 3 way previous game relationship, that she has managed to not be fully targeted like Caleb and Tai. Especially with the “Challenge asset” topic being breached.
A quick acknowledgement of Hali’s hot dress/ Survivor wardrobe is in order. Nice work, girl. Where can I buy one? #fangirling
QUICK FIRE TRIBAL
Debbie feels unnerved by the elephant in the room that is the Kaoh Rong 3 advantage, Tai and Caleb echo these sentiments. Sierra’s Eyebrows just do their thing, she is blinded by the numbers game, the others are blinded by her eyebrows. Hali says Caleb’s the threat because he has the numbers. Caleb believes it’s between his strength and Hali’s… assets. Hali’s argument is that she’s average and can’t win this game. Groan. Culpepper is interestingly placed in the middle. Tai is looking at the big picture, personal relationship, trust, plants. Caleb says Hali has assets again with a straight face. Hali says she is useless again. WHY. IS. SHE. HERE? If Caleb goes I will fly kick the TV.
Probst reads the votes. Caleb. Hali. Caleb. Oh no. Caleb. Jesus Christ. Caleb. He is gone! He kisses Tai’s beautiful bald head. Culpepper gets his way. My TV no longer works.
Two weeks running Tai has been Jedi mind tricked!
Culpepper having Tai make the decision on who goes. “You going into the merge with Caleb around is going to hurt your game.” Where did this Culpepper come from. Great play. I don’t think this is even a WWMD, its all Culpepper. I mean dont get me wrong I never thought Monica did anything in Blood Vs Water besides win immunity to advance herself game wise. BUT don’t think Culpepper has won me over yet he still has a long way to go.
“Its such a betrayal to our friendship” HOW TAI? Entering a new game, with people you played with before or simply know/bonded with outside the game, you leave that at the door. I personally think in this situation, if Caleb held a grudge over Tai voting for him and didn’t want to be friends outside the game anymore due to it, is more a reflection on Caleb than Tai. Voting is the game there is only one winner. We saw this wayback in All Stars were tribe mates assumed outside relationships to be taken into consideration in the game. AS IF, give me a break. I personally think holding a grudge over someone that voted for you is very petty and you need to take another look at yourself and the game you signed up for AGAIN. Thats what make returnee seasons so great!
Phoebe Power Rankings
- Brad – Outstanding play in orchestrating Caleb’s exit and has certainly positioned himself strongly. With the Koah Rong three intact he may have found himself in a precarious position and he did well did to ensure it was not a possibility. He is now the only real muscle on Mana and as such, he’s made himself indispensable. He’s looking quite strong socially too. Ticking all of the boxes so far!
- Sierra – Has the legacy advantage and appears to be far away from the limelight. She’s in a majority position and doesn’t have pre-existing relationships that could potentially position her as a threat.
- Tai – Seems to be in a decision making position but people are obviously wary of his potential to sway. Hence the necessity in voting off Caleb. He does seem closer to Brad strategically though, which is why I have positioned him above Debbie.
- Debbie – Strangely enough Debbie does give us confessionals that suggest she’s quite aware. She’s looking pretty good so far and I don’t think me ranking her power-status low on this tribe is a reflection on where she’s positioned in the big picture of the game.
- Hali – Well she’s up the creek without a paddle.
- Malcolm – He’s in the majority, is a challenge asset and he is less of a threat than Sandra. He seems well positioned socially too. I hope it stays this way for him but I do have a bad feeling it won’t.
- Sandra – Appears to have been extremely influential on the prior votes and must be in a power position in order to have such influence. It is so interesting that she is such a threat, and should be the biggest threat in the game and yet she may once again be underestimated and overlooked as such.
- Varner – He seems comfortable. He’s avoided any heat so far whereas Michaela and Aubry have had some votes thrown their way.
- Michaela – I’ve rated her higher than Aubry as she is a bigger challenge asset.
- Aubry – Votes were cast her way last week and we don’t have much to go off to suggest her position has changed all that much.
- JT – He’s up the same creek as Hali. I so hope he manoeuvres himself out of it!
- Zeke – Seems to have ingratiated himself socially and seems t0 be sitting pretty in general.
- Ozzy – Biggest challenge asset in this tribe and really doesn’t appear as a strategic threat.
- Sarah – Physical asset, no heat thrown her way yet however does appear a little too comfortable based on her confessionals.
- Troyzan – Has the idol but if they lose more than once he’ll obviously be in trouble.
- Andrea – The edit made it look as though Troyzan may target her with his idol play, otherwise we haven’t really seen alot yet, besides her overlooking both SDT and Troyzan swiping serious game advantages right in front of her.
- Cirie – Seems like she hasn’t managed to pull numbers and therefore has little power or influence.
Have a listen to Evo and Craig’s podcast interviews for this week:
Evo Podcast with AUS Survivor Community – Ryan V D Brink & Adam Rida
Craig Podcast with The Oz Network – Ben Waterworth