A EMOTIONAL episode. Not just on the personal front, but also the gameplay front! If I have learnt anything from watching Survivor it is that acting on emotion rarely results in success.
QUICK FIRE RECAP
Probst rocks up in full night vision mode… Someone is going home
Terry D’s son is in hospital awaiting a new heart… this is full on stuff!
Angkor is no more as we once again drop buffs… Savage believes everything is on the up
NuTa Keo: Savage, Spencer, Kass, Woo, Ciera, Wiglesworth, Abi
NuBayon: Joe, Keith, Kelley Went, Kimmi, Jeremy, Fischbach, Tash
A slip sliding oil infested ring toss leads to a NuTa Keo reward win… Kass and Spencer pretend to tolerate each other
Stephen wants Joe to go… Jeremy does not
Stephen balls his eyes out… Savage wants Spencer out
NuBayon are better at eating disgusting things… NuTa Keo lose immunity and head to tribal
Ciera lobbies for Woo… Savage lobbies for Spencer
Kass gets delusions of grandeur… A blindside is brewing
Spencer uses his 5th cat life… Woo bows out of Cambodia
- Playing with your head was benched this week in favour of emotional moves. Ciera because she felt devalued by Savage. Kass for booting Woo over Spencer.
- The true Kass has reared her ugly head, one feels that this was payback for Woo picking Tony over her in Cagayan
- How lucky is Spencer? Seriously. Why would you leave that guy around? Woo is loyal to his own detriment, predictable and would be a target at the merge. Keep him over Spencer!
- Savage needs to think or he will be gone in a few weeks. Why tell Ciera that she was the fake vote? Ciera plays on emotion and needs her ego stroked, she does not like feeling she is expendable (who does?)
- A distinct lack of Abi… Don’t worry the merge will bring her back to her best!
- Woo was very unlucky this season. The switches never suited him and if he last another week could have gone a lot deeper in the game
HALF-BAKED PREDICTIONS BASED ON EDITING NARRATIVE
- Kass is gone next week. Her lovey dovey “I have changed” edit makes sense now. Just a lead up to make her boot even sweeter and ram home more Probst wisdom… YOU MUST CHANGE HOW YOU PLAYED THIS TIME AROUND!
- Stephen is also on borrowed time, trying to strike too early, with the merge I can only presume that Savage will not want him around much longer
- Tash and Spencer will go deep now
- This is looking like the first season where there might be an amazing and deserving final 3
- Jeremy’s edit continues to look like a winner’s one. We are not being saturated by him yet, but he is consistently being portrayed as someone in control and with plans that others do not know about
The video for next week’s merge shakes things up but doesn’t show much, this picture is all you need to see!
TAKE A LOOK
With the merge finally arriving with 13 left on the island it is a good time to reflect on my pre game predictions. I split them into three categories in relation to their winning chances… No Chance, Half a Chance and Super Chance. Let’s see how it is looking:
No Chance: Joe, Kass, Kimmi,
Monica, Abi, Terry D, Vytas, Shirin 4/8 remain
Half a Chance: Savage, Keith, Ciera, Spencer,
Varner, Wiglesworth, Peih-Gee 5/7 remain
Super Chance: Tash, Fishbach, Jeremy, Kelley Went,
Woo 4/5 remain